Tuesday, May 26, 2020

One solar panel/cabinet and split two 4G systems

I want to install a solar system high up on a hill where I get good 4G signal and beam it back to two different locations. I plan to use a ubiquiti rocket ac.

I need the two locations to be separate from each other, in that they use their own 4G router up in the solar cabinet. At each location they will have a unifi connected to a powerbeam gen2.

What would be the best way to configure to make sure they are using their own data?

Would this work?

Solar system:

  • 2 X Huawei 4G Modem Routers with 2 Ethernet Ports
  • 1 X Netgear 5 Port Switch

Huawei modems and Rocket connect to switch. One Huawei is 192.168.1.1 and the other is 192.168.2.1

House 1:

Unifi gateway is 192.168.1.1

House 2:

Unifi gateway is 192.168.2.1

Can the switch manage that?

I know what I've written is very basic but will it work that way or is there a much different way that I should be doing it?



No comments:

Post a Comment