Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Need help with PTP network setup

Hello everyone,

Background:
Please excuse the noob question, I have tried to do my research but am unable to find the answer I need and don't want to order expensive shit I don't need. I am trying to extend a wifi network to reach from the main building out into a farm field to provide networking capabilities to a weather station. We initially used an engenius ENS202 and this worked fine. The weather station only ever pushes a few hundred kb and thus the weak signal it was able to repeat worked fine. Unfortunately it died and they discontinued it, and we haven't had any luck with any of their newer products. I haven't found any other outdoor repeaters and ultimately decided a PTP network would likely function better.

Question:
The remote device I am trying to connect to must connect through wifi. If I purchase something like the airMAX NanoBeam AC 5 GHz Bridge would I also need to purchase an outdoor AP to create a new network for the device to connect to?

Is there a more simple way to do this? There is a clear line of site but no way to run out a cable. The network speed does not need to be amazing.

Thank you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment