Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Need help shopping for enterprise switches

Hello everyone!

I'm currently on my first new server/rack deployment and I'm having some trouble. I'm trying to track down a budget friendly switch that has at least 4 10G and is stackable. I thought I had hit gold with a SG350X from Cisco only to realize the site I was looking at incorrectly listed the 48 ports as 10GBase-T when in actuality they were 1G :(

The problem I'm having (especially with cisco) is finding switches that are current. It feels like every time I find a model even on their site the switches are End of Sale and only a couple years away from end of service.

Is there any good 3rd party site to input the specs you are looking for that will output relevant models? Most Vendor and 3rd party site are meh, CDW's is pretty good but they are the ones who inaccurately listed the port specs so i'm kind of gun shy.

Or if anyone happens to know of a good solution for us that'd be welcome as well. We are trying to stay in the $1500 and under range as we are a non-profit organization, and are trying to put as much money as possible into our hypervisors. We have a demand for 40 ports (between both switches total) if they are non stacking switches and 38 ports if they are stacking. It's not a super demanding case so Forwarding rate and such do not need to be super high. Also need capability to create LAG groups

24 ports+ we’re going to have 36 connections going into the switches.
We do not need PoE

We are looking for the switches to be stackable

And preferably have 4 ports capable of 10Gig connection on each switch.

Preferably around the same price point (under 1300 per switch if at all possible including trancievers)



No comments:

Post a Comment