Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Access LAN at headoffice from home.

Hello. I searched this subreddit before posting but couldn't find my answer.

Currently there's no IT in the company, I just happen to have some ok knowledge with computers in general and trying to figure out the situation.

Usually, we have one PC at work where everyone (8 other PC) connect to access Excel files. If I have the Excel file open on my PC and another person try to access the file, Excel will tell them the file is being accessed on another PC at the moment.

Is it possible to connect my home PC to that LAN so that I can keep working the same way? The office PC is connected to the net.

Remote Access software is not a solution given that up to 8 people could try to connect to that PC at once.

I don't know either what exactly I need to search for. I would really appreciate some help.



No comments:

Post a Comment