Friday, May 29, 2020

Looking to automate host IPs etc from vSphere to various network equipment...notable the FW.

Anyone point me in the direction of if this is feasible? If they did the general premise behind how they did it?

I'm fairly certain I can setup and use Checkpoint or others API's to do this, but not sure in vmware land...

Had an incident the other day that got me thinking about this. (Someone re-ip'd a host but wasn't updated in the FW)

  1. Create less work... It's already enough (not hard work mind you, but can be time consuming from other task.) work to spin up a new vm. Then add it as an object in the FW.
  2. Help with the human error portion.

I don't need it to place it inside any ACL (yet) just update the object in the FW as host objects are tied to singular IP's or inside greater network objects.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment