Saturday, May 30, 2020

Help with a WiFi/wireless design

Hello folks. I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but I need some help to design a wireless network. Maybe some people here have come across something similar and can point me on the right direction.

Here is the scenario.

I have a base where there is a laptop. Also I have 3 distance rack ( around 200 feet away from the base). Each rack has 4 device managed via network from the laptop.

I need to setup 1 access point on each rack and connect the access point to the devices using Ethernet. All 3 access point should be on the same network/SSID so that I could manage the 12 devices (4 devices per rack 4*3 = 12) with the laptop on the base. All being wireless.

The AP don’t need access to internet. I just need to interconnect the laptop to all the devices through APs like it is 1 network.

Is this posible to do ? What approach would you suggest follow. ?

I though something line outdoor mesh AP with enough Ethernet ports for the devices or using APs 1 like master and other like repeater bringing the LAN to the wireless on each AP.

I hope I explained well what I want to design and sorry is there are any mistake. English is not my mother language.

Notes. Be well and stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment