Wednesday, May 6, 2020

EVE-ng and IoL L2: SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking Ethernet0/1 on VLAN0050. Inconsistent peer vlan.

Hi.

I'm labbing some topology we're going to implement soon in one of our locations and am stuck with two devices working as core switch (these are before mentioned IoL L2 images).

The connection is simple:

----------[CORESW1]-(e0/1)------------[NETWORK SIMULATING LAN]------------(e0/1)-[CORESW2]---------- 

CORESW1 and CORESW2 are connected with e0/1 trunk interfaces to that NETWORK item.

There's couple of VLANs and SVIs configured on each (same set on both devices). I even removed part about native VLAN, leaving 1 as the native.

interface Ethernet0/1 description TRUNK TO LAN switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk duplex auto 

Unfortunately I'm getting SVIs blocked by STP:

*May 6 14:47:51.776: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking Ethernet0/1 on VLAN0105. Inconsistent peer vlan. *May 6 14:47:51.776: %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 106 on Ethernet0/1 VLAN1. 

I updated EVE to 2.0.3-110 and it didn't change anything.

My image is i86bi-linux-l2-adventerprisek9-15.6.0.9S.bin. Could it be that Network item in EVE doesn't really work with trunks? Unfortunately I can't connect the switches directly as I need more devices in the LAN.

EDIT: when I start disabling STP for VLANs, devices close (probably crash).



No comments:

Post a Comment