Friday, May 22, 2020

Can't connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN while working from home

Hi there,

Sorry if this is off-topic or the incorrect sub for this, but I'm trying to connect to Cisco's AnyConnect VPN on a corporate PC at home, and I can't get it to work. As soon as I click 'Connect', the error ''The VPN connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution'' appears all the time, and at the bottom it says 'Limited Access: DNS failure'. But internet access in all my other devices (on wi-fi) is normal. The PC I'm having this issue is via Ethernet. What could I do to fix this?

Some info that might be useful:

- I have 300mbps internet with an Arris TG1692A router/modem

- The Ethernet Port LED is Green/orange on the modem and red/orange in the corporate PC. but when I connect the cable to my own PC, everything works properly.

- The Cisco VPN prompt is the first thing that shows on screen, therefore I have no (AFAIK) access to Control Panel, network settings, tunnel settings, server settings etc.

- I'm using my ISP's DNS.

- IT support says 'bruh turn your router on and off'. Which I had, like, 10 times or so.

I'm such a layman on this subject. Could you guys help me?

Thanks in Advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment