Thursday, April 30, 2020

Wireless bridges vs Hardline

The I work for, just bought a big building (offices occupy 1/3 of the building, the other 2/3 is a warehouse). We (the IT department) are tasked with providing network connectivity to the back of the building for outside cameras and outdoor wifi.

The warehouse part of the building will have AC pipes and air outlets all over the place in the warehouse part.

I want to run a line (fiber or Ethernet) inside conduit to the back of the building where the switch will be located, my friend wants to setup a wireless bridge to connect the back of the building to the IT room.

I told him there will be interference with the AC units that are on the roof, the AC pipes in the warehouse and the possibility of a lot of people using their phones/hotspot. I said running a single line would be best. He disagrees.

Am I wrong?

Sorry for the text, cellphone writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment