Friday, April 24, 2020

What should I upgrade ASR 1002(s) edgerouters

No NAT, IPSec, packet inspection, or firewall need. Just bare bones BGP.

We have two 1002 ASRs (Active/Passive design) that are just doing default routes through our BGP tables. We have two ISPs that we weight and failover through. They are just doing eBGP and iBGP. Just looking for suggestions on what would be a good replacement going forward. I have looked a lot at the ASR 1001-x and they are more than capable. Not really a fan of the pricing model and the overall cost. Looking to future proof. We currently are 2g through our primary ISP and at max for the future I would see us looking to do 10g so maybe a backplane capable of doing at least 20g.

We are a all Cisco shop (except for F5 and Palo Alto). I'm just trying to see if there is better tech. Lord knows it was a breath of fresh air going off of our ASA and ACE. Thanks in advance.

I have been following this so I assume we aren't far off:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/g6nax7/20_gbs_wan_router_needed_cisco_asr_or_juniper_mx/



No comments:

Post a Comment