Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Network administrator role

So I been desktop, server and network support for a company for 17 years. Been working with Cisco gear and VoIP all 17. I'm maxed out position wise at my company because I am remote. Didn't ever mess with the CLI till about a year ago. Recently got my CCNA. What else do I need to do to land a network administrator role with a company? Are those hard to come by because they usually promote from within? Am I going to have to make a parallel move to another company and be desktop support to move up? I don't seem to be getting any hits on my resume. Nor do I see that many network administrator roles, I see 20 network engineer openings for every network administrator job. Just trying to get something so I can start to climb up the ladder.



No comments:

Post a Comment