Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Cisco ASR9k for GPS NTP Source?

So I've been playing around with the idea of getting a real stratum 1 time source in my network. Best I can figure is to actually hook up to my ASR9k RSP 880s and just use them as a source, have local servers pull from those, and now bam, got a better NTP time source I can keep locally.

I'm having a hard time figuring exactly what I need though. I have an old Symmetricom different system meant for retiming T1 circuits with a db9 connector. No outputs from it for the lil' SMA connectors the ASR9k wants.

If I want to do a true time source, what should I look for? Best I can figure is get some sort of new GPS antennas, get an active amplifier system (For current devices and add on future devices no problem), and then connect it up and be ready to go?



No comments:

Post a Comment