Wednesday, April 15, 2020

NEST WIFI and Lack of VLAN workaround

Hey guys,

I am so annoyed at the moment. I switched ISPs thinking hell yeah, I am getting a better rate and more reliable. WRONG. The new ISP requires VLAN.

So 4 hours later, here I am sitting ANNOYED.

I do not want to throw away my nest ecosystem. I have lots of nest products including thermostat, nest hello, and not to mention 3 damn pucks.

So to get around this, would you suggest buy a Ubiquit EdgeRouter X? How it will work is I am in Australia with HFC NBN, so pretty much the Network Termination Device (like a modem) will be connected into the Edgerouter, and then the edgerouter into the main nest puck. My question is: will Mesh still work as normal, or am I going into a crappy double NAT or whatever situation and I have made my network so much more complicated and I instead should get rid of the nests and buy the Ubiquiti pucks?



No comments:

Post a Comment