Thursday, April 16, 2020

Need some direction!

So my job is a little mom and pop setup for a nonprofit. Recently I noticed that I was having issues with RDP into some of our end users connected to WAPs. ICMP to these devices sends back destination unreachable.

The issue seems intermittent. My colleague may be able to ping a device(both by IP and FQDN) and I won’t be able to. Both my workstation and his are connected to the same switch. If I bring my laptop over to the other building(still not on the same WAP but in the same building), I’ll be able to ping those devices I couldn’t in my office, but I suddenly won’t be able to ping devices that I could from my office. The next day I could come in and be able to ping devices I couldn’t the previous day.

It’s insane and I’m having a hard time finding any rhyme or reason to it. I’ve run NMAP scans and found open TCP ports for RDP, RDP is enabled on the workstation, no local domain firewall rules blocking this traffic(that I can tell anyway) and no firewall ACLs. I feel stuck. I checked for collisions at L2 and not seeing anything that’s jumping out as either.

I feel dumb....



No comments:

Post a Comment