Friday, April 17, 2020

Move from Enterprise Networking to ISP - Senior Level

Was wondering if anyone had managed to move from enterprise networking to ISP later in their career? I've got about 15 years expereince, CCIE, various other Cisco and non-cisco qualifications.

I did work for a large ISP about 10 years ago, but due to the job market where I lived the only options to advance were enterprise. I now work as a TDA/Pre-Sales/Consultant type role for a small consutlancy, who are a good employer, however I really want to move back into ISP type stuff as I find it more interesting, and I am a bit tired of dealing with customers with the same problems over and over.

I've sinced moved, and where I live now their are a few ISP's, and I have applied to similar roles as to the one I have now, but I don't even get a response. I'm assuming this is mainly due to my expereince being so Cisco and enterprise centric, eventhough I do have ISP expereince from earlier in my career.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment