Wednesday, April 8, 2020

KVM switch for 3 monitors using displayport to 2 computers?

Ok I have a personal and a now office computer at home. They both have 4 display-port graphic cards and work great when extending to my 3 monitors. I have been unplugging all components and moving back and forth between the desktops as they have their own individual secure setups with vpns and software. Since I need to keep them separate, I want to see about having them running at the same time and switch between them to where I can use the same mouse, keyboard, and monitors without unplugging/moving/re-plugging them in. I have been looking at the kvm switches and I am not opposed to paying $200-300 for the right switch as long as it would work correctly. I am not having much luck finding switches that have 3 inputs from 2 computers with 3 outputs to the monitors. Has anyone done something similar? Can you give some advice? Thank you in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment