Saturday, April 18, 2020

Flame this topology

View Topology Here

I am studying for CCNP ENCOR, and this all started as "I just want to configure BGP between a couple routers. And then it grew.

My question aside from does the design even make any sense and would you see anything like it in the wild, is how to get the PC's out to "The internet" without having the 172.1.X.X networks participate in BGP?

Would I need to be using NAT/PAT? And Can I have two outside interfaces? Are the links e0/3 between routers in each AS even necessary? My worry was what if say e0/1 on R3 went down while R3 is the active router...HSRP has some way to tell if that happens and make a switch right?

Disappointed in my self for having these knowledge gaps but hopefully someone can help out. Hit me with any clarifying questions you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment