Saturday, April 18, 2020

Difficulty of the informational density of Networking+

I'm taking an 8 week college course for Network+. This was reduced to 7 weeks, due to Corona. This course is....ridiculous. By far the hardest class I've taken so far, halfway through my Database Development Major.

We've gone through translating binary/hex/decimal, cabling, subnetting, IPv6 and IPv4 addressing, data transmission, troubleshooting, TONS of ports and protocols, literally fucking HUNDREDS of acronyms with deep concepts behind each one, OSI Layers, DNS, DHCP, ARP, TFTP, NTP, LDAP, SMB, H.323, SIP, SMTP, FTP, A, AAAA, PIR, SEV, PTR, RS, APIPA, NAT, PAN, PAN (Not a repeat typo), SNAT, DNAT, IDF, IEEE, TCP/IP, ICP, NOS, SMPPT, CNSM, IMAP4 POP3 for just the tip of the iceberg.

I get a lot of these are very important concepts; but, it's week 3, and this shit is stressing me out. 30 hours a week, with just this one class. I'm not remembering shit, either, because it's too dense. Class is supposed to prepare us for Network+ cert, but I see no way to absorb all this dense info in less than 2 months.

Any advice? Will I even be partially prepared for the Network+ cert? I hear it's tough. I plan to study after the class ends as well, but dunno if the discount voucher the class provides will last.



No comments:

Post a Comment