Saturday, April 11, 2020

Bell Canada - 3rd party routers

Hi all,

I was hoping by any luck that there are some other people in my boat here that might be able to help me out.

At my office we have a fibre connection from Bell using there R3000 model and it does the job internally but now I need to be able to remote in from home so I picked up a Cisco RV042G to have the router act as a firewall in order to leverage some of the vpn/PPTP capabilities so I can remote in from home but this has been nothing but pain and Bell support has not been able to help.

Issues I am running into is that I can place the router in the Advanced DMZ list so the router can pick up the WAN address this works fine the router picks up the same WAN IP as the modem so I thought I was good at this point so I went ahead and enabled PPTP, setup an account but cannot make the connection.

To further troubleshoot I was not able to reach the default gateway from the router all pings fail so is it something I am doing wrong here or is this a limitation with Bell equipment?



No comments:

Post a Comment