Wednesday, April 1, 2020

802.1 radius authentication

Hello, I put this on r/wireless but for some reason it was removed as spam?

I'm doing a Uni project and I've to investigate what happens when a laptop is powered up and connects to an AP using a radius server for authentication (WPA2 Enterprise).

So far I can see we have

1 - Probe Request

2 - Probe Response

3 - Authentication Request

4 - Authentication Response

5 - Association Request

6 - Association Response

Where I'm getting confused is where the radius authentication comes in, I initially thought it would be at steps 3 and 4 above, but some other information is suggesting the radius authentication takes place after these 6 steps.

If anyone could shine a light on this I would be very grateful.

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment