Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Upgrading FXOS/ASA code on ASA 4110

Hi All,

This is my first time working with an ASA cluster (master/slave) and I need to upgrade FXOS, and the ASA code. These are non FTD clustered 4110s running logical ASA 5525x. From the Cisco white pages it looks a little convoluted and pretty much all my searches bring up HA pair upgrade procedures. I just tried upgrading a master/slave unit through FCM and while it looked like the master was still active in FCM the logical ASA was unreachable via ssh when I disabled the logical ASA on the secondary unit. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the upgrade procedure and if it should be done via CLI or through FCM? I found instructions for both but at this point just a little hesitant on upgrading them and bringing the cluster back down.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment