Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Thoughts on Ubiquiti in a business environment

Good day everyone. I wanted to get some feedback from the experts while I'm doing my research. But what is everyone's thoughts on Ubiquiti products in an enterprise environment? One of the goals for this year is to replace our old switches with a few (maybe four) 48 port switches. My boss recently bought Ubiquiti for his home and is really digging it. He really likes the cost and the features. But whenever I hear something is really cheap I kinda have to take a step back and wonder why. It looks like the features of Ubiquiti Unifi (e.g. VLANs at least) look solid. But I've heard support is very flakey and that makes me nervous. I'm also seeing that a few of them have 10GbE support but not on every port. Most of them are 1GbE. We currently have 1GbE with our current old switches but I want the 10GbE so we can have an upgrade path. Right now we have a Cisco ASA for any routing and WAN stuff. Thank you all in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment