Tuesday, March 10, 2020

LACP + Vlan Trunking on ISR integrated Ge ports

Hi everyone,

I would like to setup an LACP link between an ISR and 2 Aruba 2930M switches. On my ISR, I have 11 GigEthernet interfaces. 7 of them are based on the NIM-ES2-8 module, which does not support Etherchannel.

The three remaining GigE port are the three integrated port of the ISR, which are compatible with Etherchannel. I managed to configure 2 of them on the same channel group, no trouble. My question now is how do I configure the vlans I need to tag ? Because the switchport command doesnt exist on this type of port.

I learned about the existance of this commands : port-tagging encapsulation dot1q 3

But I am not able to tag more than one vlan ID.

Does this mean I have to create sub interfaces for both of my GigEth, like this : Gi0/0/1.2 Gi0/0/1.3 Gi0/0/2.2 Gi0/0/2.3

? Im not sure where this is going... Can someone help me define the way to do this ? Thanks a lot ! Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment