Wednesday, March 25, 2020

RTSP multiple unicast vs RTP multicast

Hi,

We are trying to implement a low latency video streaming over a private WAN network (without internet). Setup is one main hub which broadcasts live to 45 remote sites. So transmitter/encoder is in the main hub and receiver/decoders are in the remote sites. My main option is using either RTSP multiple unicast or RTP multicast. I understand that the most efficient solution would probably be RTP multicast but I am hesitant as I am inexperience in implementing it and that might be to risky for me. As I have to check and enable features on the switches and routers on both the server and remote receiving sites and other stuff. Thus I am more leaning towards the RTSP multiple unicast as it will not need any adjustment on the core network. However I am also not sure if this will be viable. Will using RTSP multiple unicast on 45 sites run smoothly assuming bandwidth allocation is enough? I read somewhere that "multiple clients connected to the server at the same time will generate multiple packets for the same video frame being duplicated for each client". Is there any truth to this? Any thoughts on using the two protocols?

While I have theoretical general knowledge on Networking and broadcasting I lack the experience so be easy on me hehe any help is appreciated thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment