Monday, March 9, 2020

Problems with scanner disconnections since replacement of old AP's with new Cisco MR33

Hi all,

I'm having currently a problem I can't find a solution for and I hope maybe someone here can help me out.

I recently (1-2 weeks ago) replaced all our old Cisco AP's (models Aironet 1200 and 1240) with new Cisco Meraki MR33 and since this replacement barcode scanners constantly drop the connection when being actively used and not moving.

The models of the scanners are Tecton MX7 (old model but supports WPA2-AES) and Falcon X4 (very new - active since 2019). We first thought it had to do something with the scanners as some are really old ones, but as the issue only started after replacing the AP's, we are somehow thinking it could be because of the new AP's, but I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this kind of issue. Is there some kind of permanent reauthentication that happens that was not at the old AP's? I see the scanner on the AP is associated for a few seconds/minutes and then drops.

The scanners connect through WPA2-AES and authentication is with AD credentials to our DHCP server which is our radius server.

Anyone has an idea what the reason could be and how to solve this ?

Or is there something I can try on the AP's that proofs that the AP's are working fine with the scanners, but that something neesd to be modified on the scanners ? Laptops or other wireless devices have no issues.

All AP's are all hung up at the same location, so normally the coverage should be almost the same.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment