Monday, March 9, 2020

Cisco 3850 recovery options

Hi All,

Kind of related to my last post but thought best to start a new discussion as my original query has been answered:-

I am currently trying to install a new switch stack in a remote office which I have no physical access to, 5 out of 6 switches are working fine however one of them is currently stuck in a boot loop.

I have managed to get access to the switch via a console server and I am now in rommon (or whatever its called on the 3850), from dealing with boot issues previously I have tried to delete the packages.conf as I suspect it is corrupt but flash is currently read only so I cannot change anything, I also cannot boot from a .bin file as there isn't one in flash, though I do have the .pkg files for 3.7.4E.

I cannot get the switch online temporarily to connect to a tftp server or use USB drives to download/install any new software due to politics/security or carry out the emergency recovery documented by Cisco.

Does anyone have any suggestions in order to fix this?

Please let me know if you need more information from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment