Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Networking with a printshop?

I work at a company that has about 7 wide format industrial printers. I want to wire the printers and computers via Ethernet to a router which connects to a switch and have the computers reliably connected to the network/internet.

Currently the computers network card is what is connecting to the router/internet while the switch is only being utilized to connect a handful of printers to one of the 3 computers. Each computer had about 3 printers connected.

The only problem is my boss says that the days with printing demonstrations running (multiple jobs on the printers running simultaneously), this could bog down the network. While I see his point of a multi GB file being processed to the printer, I also believe that wiring via Ethernet is still the best option, maybe the reliance of automatic metric can be of use in this scenario.

Any input/similar experience is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment