Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hosting a local Media Server with no internet

Hey everybody.

I hope I am in the right sub for this.

My situation is a bit different. I am in the military, US Navy to be exact. At home, I have a full media/plex server at home. I want to provide something similar at work.

I trying to copying my media library over and setting up a small local server for roughly 8 people to watch and consume media on laptops, iPad/tablet and phones over Wi-Fi. We don’t have Internet available once we are underway.

I was considering copying my Plex server over but that would require a app and user account for each user on a mobile device and paid subscription for mobile viewing. Laptops wouldn’t be much of a issue once they establish a account prior to the underway.

I was wonder if there is a better option to use for sharing this media locally on various devices from mobile to laptops.

Thanks everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment