Thursday, March 12, 2020

Cisco ASA 5506-X | Leased Line w/DSL Failover | Default Route Preference

Hi,

I have a requirement to configure an ASA 5506-X to have both a leased line connection and DSL connection terminating into the same device with the leased line being the preferred route.

My setup is as follows (IP addressing for testing only):

interface GigabitEthernet1/1 nameif LL_WAN ip address 77.1.1.2 255.255.255.252 ! interface GigabitEthernet1/2 nameif FTTC_WAN pppoe client vpdn group groupname ip address pppoe setroute ! route LL_WAN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 77.1.1.1 1 

Now from what I can see, the "setroute" command automatically establishes a default route which is all well and good, but I cant seem to de-pref it. I need the preferred default route to be the leased line route and was going to use a track statement to drop that route should reachability go down.

I have tried creating a static route manually but become stuck when offering a next-hop IP. With it being DSL, the next hop IP is the same as the FTTC_WAN interface which is doesn't like.

ERROR: Invalid next hop address 1.1.1.1, it matches our IP address 

My experience with Cisco routers is you can configure the below where you specify the interface as a next hop rather than an IP:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 

I can't seem to see anything similar on the ASA and without being able to lower the preference on the DSL default route it means this solution cannot go ahead as it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You



No comments:

Post a Comment