Tuesday, March 31, 2020

COVID and Cisco certification

I was going to let my certification lapse as I was planning on quitting for good in the next couple of years and thought I could ride that out with my current employer. Then COVID happened. My employer is crying poor and maybe they'll fold in the upcoming months which will force me to get another job.

My situation is that my CCNP expires in July and historically, for whatever reason, HR still puts a premium on having Cisco certs. Given the circumstances globally, does anyone know what Cisco is going to do? Right now in my country it's at necessary travel only and the lockdown is becoming more strict everyday. I don't see myself waltzing into the nearest testing centre and I'm not even sure they'd be open at the moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment