Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Small office network - Homework Topic (basic image included)

Howdy,

Not sure if this type of post is allowed after reading the sidebar so I'll try to be specific as possible. I have a homework topic where I have been tasked with setting up a network for a small office who would also like a guest wifi section in their reception. Within their own network they will have 11 Desktop Computers, 1 server and 2 printers.

My plan for this is to use VLANs on a managed switch to separate the two networks but herein lies the problem as I have never used them before, only briefly looked at them. I have made a very simple mock network in packet tracer but I am unable to add IP addresses to the switches interfaces, it will be a managed one so it will need them, I also have no real idea how to setup VLANs in packet tracer but it does seem straightforward from playing around in the switch settings.

Basically I am asking if my proposed plan and IP Addressing Scheme is acceptable and will work, is there anything I should add or remove from the word table? Feedback of any kind is appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/0Ecu9xp.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment