Wednesday, February 26, 2020

ASR9901 licensing question

We are looking at getting some ASR 9901's, but we are struggling to get any concrete answers on how the licensing works. We've reached out to our Cisco SE's and VARs but I don't think we are going to get any answers out of them as they don't know much about ASR9K.

  • We're looking at the ASR9901 120G as we only need about 5-8 10G ports running.
  • We only need 5 VRFs.

From what I have figured out we just need to get the I-VRF license along with the ASR9901 120G and we are good to go?

Other than VRF count, is there any extra functionality added in the AIP license over the I-VRF license?

Additionally, is there any good resource that explains the ASR9901 licensing? I think I have a good picture now, but I have pieced it together from dozens of PDFs and forum posts.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment