Thursday, February 6, 2020

How much annual leave do you get? (US)

Asking for me.

I'm UK based, but will soon be marrying an American and then we will decide where to live. Returning to the US is a distinct possibility as she would like to be closer to her family.

We are weighing up what our quality of life could be and holidays are a major concern for her. She tells me they aren't really a thing in America.

I currently work within the network team of a UK university, I get 41 days paid holiday per year. This came up once in conversation with her father and he was pretty shocked.

It's worth noting that universities are public sector. If I went private, pay would be higher but my holidays would likely drop to around 28+ (28 being the legal minimum if you work 5 days a week full time).

Generally speaking, what's annual leave like in this sector in America?



No comments:

Post a Comment