Thursday, February 6, 2020

GS752tpv2 VLAN -- what am I missing?

Hi All,

VoIP Phone has a connection, but phone does not work. This is a little detailed, but after a day I've had no response from the Netgear community forums so I'll try here. Maybe it's a netgear thing or maybe it's a "Jeff doesn't understand VLANs" thing.

I'm upgrading to new switches and trying to get voip and data vlans working so users can plug computers into backs of phones. Working with a GS752TPv2.

  • Data is vlan 1 (default).
  • Voice is vlan 20.

I'd like it set up so phone vlan 20 can connect to the gateway through port 47, and data through a SFP LAG to my LAN. Port 48 I'm leaving untouched in case I mess something up I can still plug into the thing.

I'm trying to use VLANs to have the switch split the phone off into one port on my gateway, and the data to the LAN (gateway is a Sophos UTM so only sort-of does VLANs, so I'm running my data and my phone into two separate ports on it, hence the untagged port 47 below).

  • Data works fine. I plug into the back of the phone and I can get to my LAN.
  • Voice is another story. The phone boots. I get a screen. But no dial tones and cannot call it, also buttons do not work. (Yes, I tested the phone in my old switch and it works.) Below is more detail on my setup. It may be that it's just getting power and not finding network. But it's getting an IP (from the Data side, and the plan is set to the phone vlan).
  • VLAN 20 is on ports 1-46, tagged.
  • VLAN 20 is on port 47, untagged.
  • VLAN 1 is on all ports, untagged, except port 47; it's not on there at all.
  • Port PVID is 20 on port 47, 1 on all others.
  • Voice VLAN Config set to VLAN 20 for ports 1-46.
  • Auto-VoIP enabled on ports 1-46, and port 47: protocol-based, class 7.
  • VLAN 20 Routing is set to an address I set aside in my voice network.

Not sure it matters, but the Phone (avaya 9608) just happens to be plugged into port 2 on the switch. I tried other ports without succcess. VLAN set to 20 on the phone.

Anone seeing what I'm not? Let me know if more info will help; I'm not sure what else would be relavant.

Thanks!

Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment