Friday, February 14, 2020

FMCv Version with Restore and Re-association

Hi everybody,

Weird issue I know (but what isn't weird with FMC/FTD?), but here's the TLDR:

Can I re-associate a FMCv with a FTD appliance if the FMCv is running a newer version from the last policy deployment?

Longer version:

I need to restore a FMCv from backup after hardware failure. My most recent backup was off of 6.2.x. At the time of failure, my FMC was running 6.3.x and I don't have a backup from 6.3.x. Last policy deployment to FTD was from 6.3.x.

I've rebuilt my FMC on 6.2.x and restored from my 6.2.x backup. Do I need to upgrade to the version of 6.3.x I was using at the time of failure and then re-associate with my FTD appliance, or can I upgrade from 6.2.x to the the latest gold start (6.4.0 plus 6.4.0.7 patch) and then re-associate?

I realize I could just ask TAC but I value real-world experience more with some of these FMC/FTD quirks.

Thanks and enjoy your Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment