Friday, February 14, 2020

DHCP security on DELL FTOS switches

Hey Guys,

I know there is a way to allow only one port on the switch to broadcast DHCP messages, but is there a way to allow only the internal layer 3 switch to broadcast DHCP messages? I looked everywhere but can't figure it out.

We use Dell S4810s and Dell S60s with ranging FTOS operating systems versions 8.3 - 9.10. I can't figure out how to isolate the dell switch itself, to be the sole broadcasting DHCP server. We keep running into rouge devices that are broadcasting DHCP addresses and messing things up. Once the IT team plugged in a sonic wall to our isolated media network, and then the host computers started getting the wrong IP scheme!

Please any help, other than telling me that I need to install an additional piece of hardware, would be appreciated.

-MudKing



No comments:

Post a Comment