Monday, February 24, 2020

Disaster recovery site networking and EIGRP.

The company I work for has multiple sites which connect back to our corporate hq via GRE tunnels over IPSec VPN tunnels. A hub and spoke design. This has worked great for years.

We're looking to setup a disaster recovery site. All servers are virtualized using VMWare.

My plan is to setup a similar configuration used at our other sites using a GRE tunnel for the replication and management of the DR site. We are replicating our production servers but want to segregate the DR production servers from the network. I could use a separate router for this scenario but feel that there is a more efficient way of accomplishing this using the existing router which is used for the replication and management GRE traffic.

I plan to setup failover IPSec and GRE tunnels to the DR production servers but since both the management and DR production subnets are on the same router, I don't want EIGRP to replicate the DR production IP's unless the failover routing is activated.

I hope this makes sense.

Here's a basic diagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment