Monday, February 24, 2020

Building a Network in an old church being rehabbed into a boutique hotel

Thinking of using ubiquiti products.

1 5 or 6 pack of Unifi UAC PRO AP's

1 24 Port PoE Unifi Switch (250/500 watt) still not sure which wattage I'll need but 5 or 6 Access points at max wattage I still don't know how much wattage the access points can pull (yes i will google for this)

Unifi USG

The owner lives in an adjacent building. I'm just trying to figure out how to divide the network between the customers home and his business.

Anyone use Ubiquiti out there who knows how I should create SSID's to give him two separate SSID's with separate ranges using one internet connection? I suggested he get a second internet connection from a competitor so he would have a fallback connection from a different provider. I was thinking the ubiquiti for the business and an easy to manage mesh system from Amzn Eero/Linksys Velop/Netgear Orbi etc. I would just use the Ubiquiti network for the whole house and business if I knew for sure that I could set up separate networks for the home and business.

Mostly looking to just prattle on with some of you about my choice of systems and to discuss things like SSID LAN issues and possibly Network cable grade. I was planning on using CAT 6 and was wondering if people consider going above CAT 6 as overkill for this project.

thank you in advance for any advice!



No comments:

Post a Comment