Friday, January 24, 2020

Replacing a Cisco 6504 with a Cisco Nexus 93108TC-EX?

Looking to move from 10Gb links to 40Gb links which would require buying new supervisor cards and new line cards for our aging Cisco 6504-E series switches.

Instead of going down this route I've been looking at the potential of replacing them with the Cisco Nexus 9300-EX (N9K-93180YC-EX).

This has plenty of 10Gb/40G ports for our needs. It would be used for simply pushing packets in a BGP free core so it would just need to push MPLS labels and have OSPF to run on them.

As it needs MPLS-L3 I'm thinking I would need to add the advantage 'ACI-AD-XF' license.

Am I missing something obvious here? Would I be better going down the NX-OS license path instead? To be honest it sounds like the switches do a LOT more than what is required but they are at a good price so I don't mind lots of features going unused for the ability to have 10/40/100gb ports.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment