Thursday, January 2, 2020

Please help me with this Subnetting work...

Hello, I'm college student from the UK (which is basically grade 11/12 in the US) and I'm just desperately trying to pass the Cisco Networking part of my course. I have to type up a report on subnetting and I've come up with these subtitles to steer my work in the right direction.

Introduction:

What is a Subnet:

Uses of Sub-netting:

Subnetting a medium network:

Subnetting a large network:

Usefulness of private subnetting:

Conclusion:

The assignment details were to "Justify a private sub-networking scheme, which could be used on medium or large-scale systems, identifying individual sub-networks". I've searched high and low, I'm struggling to find detailed information of private subnetting and how it's implemented. Not even Cisco makes it clear. I don't even know what they mean by 'justify'. Justify why it works? I don't even know what a scheme is!

As far as I'm aware, subnetting is splitting IP addresses and using them inside LANs in order to prevent network congestion, and I understand subnetting has to be done in the command line (I think) but I don't exactly understand the difference between private subnetting and not private subnetting.

Could anyone please point me in the direction of resources to help me correctly answer these subtitles?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment