Friday, December 6, 2019

RJ-45 adapter on Cisco SFP switch cycling

I have a Cisco SG350-28SFP switch that is broken up into several VLANs and this problem seems to exist on all the VLANs. I have a few SFP to Single Mode transceivers and some SFP to RJ-45 transceivers and the plan is to have this function as a large managed fiber converter.

The SingleMode transceivers seem to be working fine and the hard wired RJ-45 ports seem to work fine. When I plug in an RJ-45 transceiver on to one of my VLANs it seems to be cycling between turning the port on/off and the computer is saying no network/connected. The cycle is about 1-2 seconds before it turns on/off.

I programmed the switch using an RJ45 transceiver on the default VLAN1 and didn’t have any connection problems. Anyone have any input? I’m having trouble googling this due to false responses related to cycling or loop.



No comments:

Post a Comment