Friday, December 6, 2019

Palo Alto Optics

So I'm running into the old TAC line of "unsupported optics" when I call into Palo now. We typically just put Cisco in there because that's what we use. I guess it's time to change that. I ordered some "Palo Alto" optics and our CDWG rep told us they were rebranded Finisar, rebranded to Proline. Looking on their site, Proline is twice the cost of Finisar. Is anybody running Proline instead of Finisar? How does it look via CLI? for me, when I run

show system state filter sys.s1.p*.phy

I get the following output:

sys.s1.p20.phy: { 'link-partner': { }, 'media': SFP-Plus-Fiber, 'sfp': { 'connector': LC, 'encoding': Reserved, 'identifier': SFP, 'transceiver': 10000B-SR, 'vendor-name': FINISAR CORP. , 'vendor-part-number': FTLX8574D3BCL , 'vendor-part-rev': A , }, 'type': Ethernet, }

I'd like to see if the proline shows anything different. If anybody can provide that output with a Proline optic, it would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment