Tuesday, December 10, 2019

OSPF Troubleshooting

Good morning,

I wanted to bounce this off the hive-mind, maybe I'm missing something easy.

I have 3 pairs of QFX-5100's on my network and an MX80, Two of the QFX vc's are currently sitting in area 0 with my MX.
I tried adding the third QFX, and this is where my problem starts.

Once I add the 3rd device, my MX receives the hello and builds the adjacency, even lands a 'Full' state. Although the MX states it's sending the hello/adv packets out, the two switches that were currently adjacent stop receiving the advertisements, and eventually time out. If I clear neighbors on my MX, it temporarily comes back until the 40 second timer expires again. I'm at my wits end trying to see why the advertisements seemingly disappear over the wire while the MX says it's sending them.

I have not and certainly will do a packet capture on the vlan1 interfaces, but I'm only able to drop the network in the very early hours of the morning.

I don't have a diagram, but the layout is very linear currently. MX -> switch -> switch -> switch
The plan is finish fully routing the network to aid in redundancy, but currently we're leveraging ospf to keep a handle on our multiple /16's of internal routes.

Any troubleshooting steps you have will certainly be helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment