Tuesday, December 10, 2019

iBGP peering issue between Cisco N3k's

Hi all,

I am hoping you can provide some help with an iBGP peering issue. I have a customer site where there are two circuits (same carrier) for redundancy that terminate into two separate Nexus 3048s. I have eBGP configured on the uplinks and I am trying to configure iBGP between the two units. I do not have OSPF running as an IGP, just static routes for the peer subnets.

​

interface Vlan105

description L3 Uplink to Matrix LAN

no shutdown

vrf member matrix

no ip redirects

ip address 192.168.105.5/28

hsrp 105

preempt

priority 150

ip 192.168.105.4

​

interface Vlan951

description Private VRF

no shutdown

vrf member matrix

no ip redirects

ip address 172.16.72.2/30

​

vrf context matrix

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 172.16.72.1

ip route 10.5.160.0/24 192.168.105.1

ip route 172.16.0.0/16 192.168.105.1

ip route 172.16.72.4/30 192.168.105.6

​

matrix.maumee-spectrum.n3k# ping 172.16.72.6 vrf matrix

PING 172.16.72.6 (172.16.72.6): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 172.16.72.6: icmp_seq=0 ttl=254 time=1.186 ms

64 bytes from 172.16.72.6: icmp_seq=1 ttl=254 time=1.17 ms

64 bytes from 172.16.72.6: icmp_seq=2 ttl=254 time=1.116 ms

64 bytes from 172.16.72.6: icmp_seq=3 ttl=254 time=1.04 ms

64 bytes from 172.16.72.6: icmp_seq=4 ttl=254 time=1.536 ms

​

matrix.maumee-spectrum.n3k# sh ip bgp vrf matrix summary

Neighbor V AS MsgRcvd MsgSent TblVer InQ OutQ Up/Down State/PfxRcd

172.16.72.14 32732 6145 5613 23 0 0 3d21h 15

172.16.72.64 65101 0 4480 0 0 0 3d21h Idle

​

router bgp 65101

log-neighbor-changes

vrf matrix

address-family ipv4 unicast

network 10.5.160.0/24

network 192.168.50.0/24

network 192.168.55.0/24

network 192.168.60.0/24

network 192.168.65.0/24

neighbor 172.16.72.1 remote-as 32732

description eBGP to cor01.d35

address-family ipv4 unicast

soft-reconfiguration inbound

neighbor 172.16.72.6 remote-as 65101

description iBGP to matrix.maumee-att.n3k

address-family ipv4 unicast

soft-reconfiguration inbound

​

Thanks in advance,

AT



No comments:

Post a Comment