Friday, December 27, 2019

How to setup Cradlepoint CBA850 with LP6 modem for failover

I have business that I own and do IT for. I need backup cell data in case our main internet goes out. I have Arris Modem from Spectrum (which I cant configure as they restrict access). I bought cradlepoint CBA850 with the LP6 modem. I plugged in att sim card and was able to get data from lan1 working. I followed directions here for failover. Its not working because I dont have router after cradlepoint to act as the nat/dhcp host. How do I configure that in cradlepoint?

I know its tricky because if data comes from arris modem then that acts as the dhcp server and hands out ip addresses but if it switches to cellular data then everything will have different ip and mess up entire network. Id like to keep the ip addresses and range the same if landline internet vs cell so network doesnt get affected.



No comments:

Post a Comment