Friday, December 27, 2019

Cisco Polycom 7937 = WTF!! Need some help!

Okay so I have this weird shit going on with a Polycom 7937 conference room IP phone. I plugged this phone in at my desk and I was able to get it configured correctly. I also verified that I could make and receive calls on it. So I am like okay cool, let me deploy it to the conference room where its going to sit.

A few days earlier I also verified that the port on the conference room table works, I plugged my laptop and got an IP, and I also plugged in a regular Cisco phone and it was working.

So this morning I go to plug in the 7937 and it stays stuck on "Configuring VLAN" so I am like huh ... okay ... I unplug and plug it back in. Same thing .... so I plug my laptop in and I get an IP. I verify I can reach the server and devices on the network. So I plug the phone back in, nope back to "Configuring VLAN"

So I unplug it and plug into the port on the wall for the TV and boom it works! So now I am like WTF is wrong with that port. I just on the shitty switches they have here (SMB SG220s, and SG350s, I know lame) and I verify that the port on the table is configured EXACTLY the same as the one on the wall. I go to plug the phone in and I get stuck on configuring VLAN again. So I am like OKAY I know what I am going to do. Since it worked on the pot on the wall I am just going to go move the patch cable and move it to the working port.

I go move the cable to the port I know it worked on, I plug the phone in and BAM!! "Configuring VLAN" again I did this a few times with different ports in the room I could get it to work on any port except the table port even if I move the patch cable.

What say you Network superheroes? Any ideas as to WTF is going on here?



No comments:

Post a Comment