Thursday, December 26, 2019

Help! Weird issue with 802.1x and MacOS Mojave Macbook Pro

Good Morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good Christmas! So I am hoping someone here can shed some light on a very weird particular issue I am having at work this morning.

So we are in the midst of deploying 802.1x for wireless authentication and we are just about their! We are currently testing various devices to make sure they are working. And I have one particular Macbook pro that is having an issue.

We can get all the devices to authenticate correctly. All the wireless androids and all the wireless PC laptops are working. So far I have tested my iphone and 2 mac minis that have both authenticated and gotten an IP with no issues.

but I have this macbook pro on Mojave that authenticates but will not get an IP. If I manually assign the IP it works. But if I leave the DHCP option on it won't get an IP. The one thing different that I noticed between the macbook pro and the mac mini is that the mac mini says "Authenticated via PEAP (MSCHAPv2)" and the macbook pro says "Authenticated via EAP-PEAP (MSCHAPv2)"

Now on the NPS server the only EAP type we have selected is "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" and none of the other less secure authentications methods are checked off. And I can't figure out how to get the Macbook Pro to switch to PEAP authentication ... unless it's the same thing? Anyway any light you can shine on this would be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment