Thursday, November 7, 2019

setting up on your own

Hey all,

My wife runs her own food blog which we have hosted with a hosting company. My wife recently came up with the idea maybe we could not only host her website but others to so we run a small hosting service, it got me thinking I could rent some servers install whatever services are needed so wordpress or FTP whatever's required and charge a fee for the service. I think renting would be the way to go briefly thought about doing my own servers but the up keep, electrical cost and all the other millions of things iv not even thought of would costs so much.

iv been mulling it over for the last day or so and think it would be achievable assuming I keep expenses to a minimum and do alot of the config myself and start off small.

i`ll admit I dont have a huge amount of experience in hosting but I have worked in IT for 20 years and have managed to install a few Wordpress servers without issue.

I wanted to get others thoughts and if there are area's I should take into consideration



No comments:

Post a Comment