Thursday, November 7, 2019

HP Procurve Management VLAN - Lost access after running management-vlan VLANID command?

Hi All.

Not an experienced network admin here, but my company doesnt have one.

I've been vlanning, and created a MGMT VLAN 100.

I could access this VLAN from all my other switches and everything seemed good.

I noticed in the webui that it shows a primary vlan but no management vlan.

So, I ran the (config) management-vlan 100 command, and have now lost access via webui and ssh to the switch (have not yet consoled in)

Why would this be? What'd I do wrong here? I can no longer ping this switchs MGMT IP, though all other traffic seems to be okay, still.

Edit: I've also seemingly lost access to the mgmt IP of all my other switches as well - even the one Im direct connected to?



No comments:

Post a Comment