Friday, November 8, 2019

RADIUS Server with Wi-Fi Authentication on TP-Link AP's - Should I Upgrade Hardware?

Hi guys,

So TODAY I have successfully installed and configured RADIUS Server with WiFi Authentication on my Windows Server 2016. I used 2 TP-Link Access Points that I had new and was not using (model TL-WA801ND) and finally enabled wireless access to my LAN. My question to you guys is if it's ok to use this AP's or should I upgrade to more robust hardware. Keep in mind that:

  • Wireless access is not crucial on my business environment;
  • We're a SMB, and only an average of 5 laptops would benefit from the wireless connection... an perhaps some mobile devices;
  • We don't need large wireless coverage;

So... any tips greatly appreciated; security is paramount. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment